Edit

Revanth Reddy Gives 2-Day Deadline to Clear 22-A Land Issues

Revanth Reddy Gives 2-Day Deadline to Clear 22-A Land Issues

HYDERABAD: Telangana Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy has stepped in to address growing concern over private properties appearing in the Section 22-A prohibited lands list, directing revenue officials to verify affected properties within two days in cases where owners have already booked online registration slots. If verification establishes that the property is genuine private land, officials have been told to complete the registration immediately.

Revanth Reddy Orders Two-Day Verification Of 22-A Lands

During a review with Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy and senior officials, the Chief Minister directed revenue authorities to examine properties caught in the 22-A list within two days for applicants who have already secured registration appointments. The order is aimed at preventing genuine property owners from facing prolonged delays because of incorrect or disputed classifications.

Revanth said the government was committed to protecting citizens’ property rights and assured owners that genuine private land would not be blocked unnecessarily. He also cautioned the public against approaching brokers or middlemen and asked people not to rely on rumours surrounding the issue.

Revanth Directs Collectors To Correct Prohibited Land List

District collectors have been instructed to thoroughly scrutinise the existing 22-A entries and prepare an accurate and comprehensive list so that the controversy can be resolved permanently. The Chief Minister asked officials to eliminate errors and complete the exercise as early as possible.

The prohibited list is intended to restrict registration of categories such as government, endowment and certain disputed properties. However, officials acknowledged that some genuine private lands had also appeared in the list, creating confusion among owners attempting to sell, gift, mortgage or register their properties.

Revanth Government Moves To Ease Registration Problems

Revenue officials have attributed some of the disputed entries to errors and technical issues during the uploading of property records. Private properties regularised earlier through government orders or backed by court and planning authority permissions were among those reported to have appeared in the prohibited category.

Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy said corrective action had already begun. According to information released on Tuesday, 34 registrations involving affected properties had been completed within 24 hours, including 30 in Medchal-Malkajgiri district and four in Rangareddy district.

Revanth’s Intervention Aims To Restore Confidence Among Owners

The 22-A controversy has generated anxiety among property owners because inclusion in the prohibited list can prevent normal property transactions. The government’s two-day verification mechanism provides immediate relief for people who have already booked registration slots, while the district-level review is intended to address errors across the broader database.

The effectiveness of the initiative will depend on how quickly collectors identify wrongly classified private properties and update the registration system. For the Revanth Reddy government, resolving the issue without affecting legitimate government or protected lands will be crucial to restoring confidence in Telangana’s property registration process.

What is your response?

joyful Joyful 0%
cool Cool 0%
thrilled Thrilled 0%
upset Upset 0%
unhappy Unhappy 0%
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD